POLICY ON PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY
(1) B.S.C. Group Limited and related companies ("B.S.C.") value all personal information provided by their customers, and this circular sets out B.S.C.'s policy and practices in relation to personal data and The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance"). (2) The Ordinance protects the privacy of the individual by controlling the manner in which personal data may be collected, held, processed and used. Any personal information collected and recorded by us in relation to a customer, from which the identity of the customer can be ascertained, will be subject to regulation by the Ordinance. This includes personal data collected from customers and from third party sources.
(3) From time to time, it will be necessary for customers to supply B.S.C. with personal data in connection with the sale of goods, provision of ancillary services and the membership and use of B.S.C.'s Customer Incentive Schemes.
(4) Failure to supply such personal data may result in B.S.C. being unable to provide the foregoing services and facilities to a customer.
(5) Personal data will be used by B.S.C. for considering a customer's application to become a member of B.S.C.'s Customer Incentive Schemes and in relation to the operation and use of such Schemes and in connection with B.S.C.'s provision or termination of services and without limiting the foregoing for the following purposes;
(i) in connection with the recovery of any monies owed or liabilities incurred by a customer in relation to its dealings with B.S.C..
(ii) in connection with matching for whatever purpose any such personal data with other personal data concerning a customer in B.S.C.'s possession;
(iii) in connection with any verification or exchange of information;
(iv) in connection with any system or facility for payment by electronic means or via other communication media in which B.S.C. participates;
(v) promoting, improving and furthering the provision of services provided by B.S.C. to a customer generally;
(vi) in connection with the marketing of products and services to a customer and/or the solicitation of donations or contributions for charitable or other purposes;
(vii) all other incidental and associated purposes relating to the above and any other purpose which a customer may from time to time agree.
(6) B.S.C. may transfer (whether within or outside Hong Kong) and/or exchange personal data of a customer to and/or with all such persons and/or entities as B.S.C. may consider necessary including, without limitation, the following persons and entities;
(i) any subsidiary, affiliate or partner of B.S.C. Group Limited;
(ii) any person who assists B.S.C. in providing its services to customers;
(iii) any agent and/or sub-contractor appointed or engaged by
(iv) any bank or other financial institution;
(v) any credit card company;
(vi) any credit information bureau or agency;
(vii) any person providing banking, financial, hire purchase or
leasing services or credit facilities;
(viii) any law enforcement agency or related entity;
(ix) any debt collection agency or related entity;
(x) any direct marketing agency or related entity; and/or
(xi) any charity.
(7) Any of the persons or entities referred to above may utilise the personal data in the course of any business carried on by such person or entity.
(8) A customer is entitled to request B.S.C. to cease to use personal data for the purpose specified in 5(vi) above and on receipt of such a request B.S.C. will cease to use personal data for such purpose.
(9) In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and subject to exemptions specified in the Ordinance, any customer:-
(i) has the right to check whether B.S.C. holds personal data about him or her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
(ii) has the right to require B.S.C. to correct any personal data relating to him or her which is inaccurate; and
(iii) has the right to ascertain B.S.C.'s policies and practices in relation to personal data privacy and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by B.S.C.. (10) In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, B.S.C. has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
(11) Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data and information relating to the kind of data held, may be made in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax or post to:- Personal Data Privacy Officer
B.S.C. Group Limited
19th Floor, Sino Favour Centre
1 On Yip Street
(12) This Policy on Personal Data Privacy is provided on the Website in the English and Chinese languages. In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese Policies, the English Policy shall prevail.